Cleaning and Priming instructions:
If you still do not get the desired filtration rate, you may need to prime the cartridges. This can be done by forcing water from a faucet through the nozzle of the cartridge as below:
1. Remove the cartridge from system
2. Remove the two washers and the wingnut as well
3. Now, screw the wingnut with its broad face pointing out, and place a washer over it.
4. Press the cartridge’s nozzle with the washer firmly against a faucet with water running. You will see the cartridge’s surface sweat beads water. This will allow the cartridge to become fully wetted, and force out any sediments or particles that are blocking the pores of the cartridge. Do this for a few minutes.
5. Assemble the cartridge back in the upper chamber. 6. Do this for every cartridge that needs priming.